Print This Page
Follow the link!
Links to articles available online in full text
- Directory of open access Journals
- Japan Review – Journal of the International Research Center for Japanese Studies (Nichibunken), Kyoto. Articles since 1990 available in full text
- Nihon Kenkyu – Japanese-language Journal of the International Research Center for Japanese Studies (Nichibunken), Kyoto. Articles since 1989 available in full text
- Japanstudien. Jahrbuch des Deutschen Instituts fuer Japanstudien, Tokyo (DIJ), Yearbook of the German Institute for Japanese Studies (DIJ), Tokyo, all articles since 1999 in full text
- The Review of Korean Studies. All articles available in full text (since 2000)
- Stanford Journal of East Asian Affairs, online since 2001
- The online journal Studies on Asia, online since 2004
- Electronic Journal of Comtemporary Japanese Studies, online journal since 2001
- Developing Economies. An international and interdisciplinary forum for studies on social sciences relating to developing countries and Japan published by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO). Full text of articles from 1962 until one year ago.
Follow the link!
Topic: Historical Memory, Cultural Memory, Social Memory
- Pierre Nora, “Reasons for the current upsurge in memory”, in “Transit online”
- Gavan McCormack in “Japan Focus” on “War and Japan’s Memory Wars: the media and the globalization of consciousness”
- Yonson Ahn on Korean-Chinese Debates on Historical Memory (Further articles 1, 2)
- Tessa Morris-Suzuki on the “Comfort Women” issue (Japan Focus) and on media coverage of the issue in Japan (Asia Rights)
- Article by Mary Fulbrook on recent approaches to German contemporary history (In “Zeithistorische Forschungen”)
- Articles on the effects of the TV series “Holocaust” on German
historical consciousness: Zeitgeschichte Online
Yasukuni Shrine debate
- Editorial from “Yomiuri Shinbun” (in engl. translation) on the Yasukuni
- John Breen on the Yasukuni Shrine
- Wakamiya Yoshibumi (Asahi Shinbun) und Watanabe Tsuneo (Yomiuri Shinbun) on the Yasukuni-shrine debate
- Takahashi Tetsuya on the Yasukuni Shrine issue (“The National Politics of the Yasukuni Shrine”)
Topic: Japanese Foreign Relations
- Grundlagen der Aussenpolitik Japans (Bundeszentrale fuer Politische Bildung; Informationen zur Politischen Bildung, no. 255)
- Japan Focus: Articles and translations from articles from Japanese journals and newspapers on recent topics in Japanese society, politics and diplomacy (successor project of “Japan in the World“).
- History of Japanese-German relations 1933-1938 (www.shoa.de)
- The Takeshima Problem – Homepage established by Shimane Prefecture
- The Japanese Foreign Ministry on Takeshima
- Harvard Asia Quarterly Article on the Takeshima problem
Topic: Nationalism (in Japan)
- Article by Laura Hein on Citizens, Foreigners, and the State in the United States and Japan since 9/11 (Japan Focus).
- John Nelson on the resurgence of nationalism in recent Japan: “Signs of Recovery for Japanese Nationalism?” (“Pacific Report”)
- “Aus Politik und Zeitgeschichte” issue on “Nation und Nationalismus” (2003)
- Exhibition on “The Myths of Nations” in the German Historical Museum (DHM)
Topic: Regional Integration in East Asia – History and Present
- Gavan McCormack on “Community and Identity in Northeast Asia: 1930s and Today“
- Shimada Shingo on the history of the concept of ‘Asia’
- “Did Japan Liberate Burma?”
- Asia-Studies Full-text Online – Asia-Studies Full-text Online is a database for the study of modern Asia. As the exclusive licensee for many of the region’s most prestigious research institutions, Asia-Studies.com brings together thousands of full-text reports on a multitude of business, government, economic, and social issues.
- Historical Text Archive – Electronic History Resources
- Japanese Text Initiative – Large Number of Japanese texts (literature)
- Can History be Open Source? Wikipedia and the Future of the Past